The vernissage has not been an immediate success, due to unforeseen 'accidents'. Although, the rector and two priests have apologized for having been unaware of the obstacles we had found on our way, the evening of the inauguration...

However, I managed to have a pleasant evening with some of the visitors who had planned to be there and those who stumbled upon the exhibit, like a Thai mother with her son, from the Thai restaurant, 2 blocks away.

Half of my works were left in the dark because six spots in one aisle had given up the ghost.

Hanging works in an ancient church like St Chad's is no sinecure. I could not or would not drill new holes in the walls, if it hadn't been for father Michael who in the last minute went to buy strong long nails that could fit in some of the cushioned panels in the aisles, most of my work would not have been up.

But the biggest disappointment was the press. Having shot at least 20 pics of me, nothing of the show was announced until father Michael, again, went to talk to the Star & Express local newspaper. I wondered if they hated my guts, because I had refused to take off a pre-Columbian woolen mask, which I was wearing for the photo shoot. I wore that mask to make the link of the Pre-Columbian and pagan heritage from around the world with the Green Man from Stafford.

So, I ended up in black and white on page 19 Monday , instead of the Wednesday, the day when everyone receives a free copy. If that was the reason, out of spite, because an artist didn't show his face ("We don't publish pictures of people without a face", the reporter, John, said, still trying to get to see my face) then this paper has a lot of growing up to do. There are other ways to promote an artist's ideas, rather than just sillily pose with my face and a painting behind or in my hands.

I do express my thanks to all those who helped me to make the most of it and in particular my friend Valerie for her patience and organisation skills.

Anyway, the exhibition continues until the end of this month.